Neon Staircase
I walk down the same roads,
The same ones as yesterday.
The asphalt glimmering,
In the moonlight from far away.
I walk on to the stairs,
the escalator moving up,
forever into an endless night,
The endless stairs moving up.
Streetlights light up the way,
all the way to the stairs,
those that never end.
I walk on along familiar paths,
Seeing the same old stairs,
falling away.
I pass to the next road,
millions of headlights floating away
A river of humanity, hidden,
from my eyes keeps away.
Frozen cars and lost voices,
I see the paint peeling away.
From the buildings that emptied,
Emptied with the passing of the day.
I see the windows with no blinds,
lidless and tired, waiting,
waiting for teh night to pass.
Amid this quiet roar,
of a city in repose,
I feel my purpose slipping away.
I see the neon signs,
Blinking at me, and ever calling,
Singing a song to the silent night
It's not just me who heeds
the beauty of the night air,
tinged with burnt fuel,
and the bright green neon signs.
I feel the silent city,
singing the same weary song,
That I sing while I walk,
Along with it, in the neon night.
Though the people sleep,
I am awake watching the signs,
and along with me the city,
Singing forever a weary song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hmmm... sometimes its such pain to b so complete , to find and then loose the key of ur lock ...
Post a Comment